The game mode defines the objectives of the game and the type of map.
There are 9 game modes in Blockade 3D :
- Battle : You must take control of a fortress located in the middle of the map and defend it from the enemy team to earn points with time. When a member of a team control the blue cube in the center of the fortress, his team earn 1 point per second. To control the fortress you have to be the only team in blue cube by killing members of others teams. The battle is over when a team reach 500 points. The Battle mode is played in 4 teams of 8 players.
- Build: Private Matches only, free build with no killing
- Capture : You must take control of the areas of the map and defend them from enemies teams to earn points. Each area provides 1 point per second. To take control of an area you have to be the only team on this area by killing members of others teams. The capture is over when a team reaches 5000 points. The Capture mode is played in 4 teams of 8 players.
- Versus : You just need to kill as many players as possible. Kill a member of the enemy team provides 1 point to your team. The Versus mode is over when a team reaches 500 points. The Versus mode is played in 2 teams of 16 players. You can pose cubes but you can only destroy player's cubes.
- Carnage : You can only use melee weapons in Carnage mode. Kill a member of the enemy team provides 1 point to your team. The Carnage mode is played in 2 teams of 16 players.
- Survival : You and you're mates must kill the NPC Zombies coming in waves. In The Shop, some weapons are part of a collection called ''Zombie Edition''. These weapons are protected against zombies.The survival is over when all the Blockademens are killed by zombies.
- Break Point